Hans Jöhr is Corporate Head of Agriculture at Nestlé. As such, he is responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership in the groups’ worldwide agricultural raw material supply chain. This includes the agricultural policy, the raw material quality control and R&D where Nestlé buys its agricultural materials at farm level, called “The Farmer Connect” procurement program.
Mr Jöhr is currently Chairman of the Advisory Council for the Business Incubator Platform (BIP) of IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) and member of the Board of SwissContact, a Swiss business-oriented foundation for international development cooperation.
Mr Jöhr is the co-founder and honorary president of the SAI Platform (Sustainable Agriculture Initiative of the Food Industry).
- Member of the Board of Directors of CATIE (Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center) in Costa Rica.
- Member of the IITA Board of Trustees (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture)
- Member of the External Advisory Board of the ADM Institute for the Prevention of Postharvest Loss
- Member of IPC (Intl. Policy Council on Agriculture Food and Trade)
- Member of the “Comité National Suisse de la FAO”
- President of IFAMA (Intl. Food and Agribusiness Management Association)
- President of the Swiss-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Sao Paulo
Prior to joining Nestlé, Mr Joehr was CEO of a Consulting and Management Company in Brazil engaged in agribusiness and forestry.
He has consulted in over 50 countries and is the author of more than 30 publications in Brazilian and international newspapers.